Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why I Do What I Do - and some 100+ words that keep me motivated

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.” ~ Zig Ziglar

 

I'm very good at starting things.

I'm very bad at keeping at it.  
I so want this project to go on until the 100th song.  ("Be a finisher, Kat!" I can hear my coach Julie's voice and the gentle thud is the sound of her lovingly kicking my butt.)
But the low-energy, the sagging momentum, there's so much to do, there's not enough time to do all of it...and so on and so forth, the chorus of gremlins go singing ye old, sticky, neenerneener-you're-no-finisher song.

To counter and remedy this, I listened to the the Voice's nudge to share EE's email here.  Then, I said to myself, why limit it to just one, throw in the whole enchilada (now I'm really hungry!) and share other lovely peeps comments, too!  

So here it is folks, the 100+ wonderful words from some fabulous folks who have been touched, geese-bumped (!) and tear-induced by this almost-did-not-happen project.  Imagine that.  How less richer my life would have been if I got all chicken empanada instead of Chiqui Pineda over the Muse's command to JDI.

 "You have no idea how much you have inspired me with your creativity, and you being the most humble celebrity I have known. You got to know how much I appreciate the friendship. You presented yourself...as "you", being the creative one and not the Ms. CP that the whole OPM industry has known and love."  ~ EE (Mr. E now wants to begin his own brand of artistic expression.  Watch this space for that!)

"It is a dream come true, yet again...I got to sing with the legendary, the one and only, Miss Chiqui Pineda. Wow...(still gushing). I am really glad to have found a friend in you and I hope we continue to be such. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will treasure this forever... ~ ATD (Who now shares his art with so many adoring fans - friends and strangers alike.  Case in point, we were having brunch once and the server-lady saw his artwork (I did the proud mama bit and showed it to her) and she ended up bringing the iPad where it was to her co-workers.  A bright spot in their busy day, I bet!  Rock on, Mr. T!

YOU MADE MY DAY, kumare! Love you with all your creativeness that you should be proud of!!! ~ ALT (A music and voice teacher and kumare who continues to inspire me because she is the perfect example of the Do-What-You-Love rule.)

You always get my heart. Thank you for making this morning truly beautiful. ~ CMD (as you did mine, ms. c!)

I so needed to hear this. I am struggling through something which I know, I know, shall also pass, but Ireally needed to hear this. Timely and of course, beautiful. ~ MVM *Ms. M has been a long-time (think decades!) mentor and inspiration of mine.  To be able to return the favor in this very special way just blows my mind.

I got carried away. You are such a musical genius, that I had another "geese" bumps moment. ;) And I heard your heart singing louder at the end of the song, too. So beautiful:)) *and here's to learning new words while we're at it!  thank YOU, Mr. Mavster!

I am once again, starstruck.
No one can deliver a classic song like you! Yes....YOU.;) Much love and respect for you Ms. CPA, looking forward to our next one;))
~EME

YOU always give me the courage and conviction to try on new things, putting no limit to age and status...thanks to you... ~ COP *Ahhhh....this one is so heart-warming for me.  Ms. C is my earliest inspiration.  Ok, no need for secrecy on this one, COP is Corazon O. Pineda, my mommy!  My earliest and original fan, no less!!!  So biased itong comment na 'to.  Please ignore.  Hahahahahaha!!!  Love and thank YOU, Mamay!

Oh my, kinilabutan ako sa nadinig ko!! Ang ganda!!!!!!!  ~ ZJ (An inspirator (?) who gently pushed albeit lovingly and with such fierce faith to just go for it once, not too long ago...)

Grabe, ano ba ito...galing, umakyat balahibo ko (balbon pa naman ako). Enjoy din si Mommy ;).  *she always makes me laugh...and think deep thoughts...

and then


Ay hello...naiyak naman ako.  ~ VMR  *and in return i make her cry.  fair is fair.  LOL. 

Chiqui P - you inspire me. ~ MC  *and i am so very grateful for having been given that chance...

ChiquiP, you truly are inspiring!! And you even have the time and energy to launch this project, continue with your drawings AND lose weight (!!!) as you do your 101 chores at home! Galing mo. When I listen to you sing, divang-diva pa rin!... the soul never disapears. ~ CCL  *awww....this has got to be the most humbling one of all the comments of late.  coming from a fellow mom who truly understands the meaning of "making time for something you love" she puts it so tenderly and truthfully.  now if only i can wiggle my way out of the "lose weight" part!  LOL


I am humbled, encouraged and energized by all your kind and very generous words.  I give back all the credit, glory and gratitude to God and Her Muses from where all things come.


CHEERS!!!


Courage In Creativity,
Chiqui Pineda-Azimi
Creator of the *100im.perfect.songs project*

No comments :

Post a Comment